- Creating a safe space for young people to feel comfortable to be in, where they can share their concerns or ideas.
- Promoting democratic participation and active citizenship by enabling young people to diplomatically voice their concerns in supportive environments.
- Encouraging voluntary work and entrepreneurship.
- Targeting issues such as bullying, insecurity, decision making, team spirit, social skills, group dynamics, self-expression and diversity.
- Acting as an accessible information hub for young people; primarily providing information about careers, post-secondary education and extracurricular activities.
- Organising extracurricular activities or youth clubs during break time or after school hours. These clubs may also be set up with the intention of targeting a particular vulnerable group.
- Liaising with other school staff such as PSCD teachers, guidance, pastoral teams and others; to organise activities such as seminars, workshops and live-ins.
Liaising with career advisor and other staff from post-secondary schools to facilitate transitions.