The Department of Assessment strives to support schools in improving educational practices through formative and summative assessment by:
- providing professional learning for educators in assessment;
- supporting the implementation of formative assessment;
- reviewing, moderating and supporting the setting of assessment tasks and examination papers;
- supporting schools in improving assessment reporting procedures;
- providing guidance in formulating a School Development Plan on assessment and in the development of an Assessment School Policy;
- delivering educational sessions on assessment to parents.